Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Sunday, April 28, 2013

July 1, 2012

Brandon,
Today would have been your 31st birthday. And I wonder all the time what you would have done in life, had cancer not attacked, and God not called you home. I think you would have had a gunsmith shop. You should have been a lawyer though, cause you could take anything your mom and I said, decipher it, tear it apart and put it back together so smoothly, that you could make us think we said ...
sonmething we didn't. And you were the King of Loopholes. But I could not be any more proud of you than I am. As you told me after one of your fist 2 or 3 speaking engagements, at McCalla Baptist church where over 50 kids accepted Christ, that was why you had cancer. Because they would listen to you, before they would listen to anybody else. And theres no telling how many will be there because of you. You know, we quit counting at 400. And thats just the ones we knew about. I know you and Garrett have gotten reaquainted. How do you like Jenn? He did pretty good for himself didn't he. Kevin married one just like your momma. Oh, I called Dr. Hilliard, your oncologist, the other day. Been years since we said Hi. She remembers you and says you are still one of her fave's of all time. I imagine you have met John Chappell, one of my bass singers from choir, by now. I told him if he made it ther before me to look you 3 up and tell ya'll how much we love ya'll and miss ya. Kevin's milkin' this last kid standing thing to the max. Says we better be extra good to him. But it sure does hurt on days like today, when I should be giving birthday hugs.

I am trying to carry on your story and add our recent journey to it, in hopes I can make a difference in the kingdom, like you. You taught me a lot, son. You taught me about faith, trust, living life to the fullest, and just giving in to God completely. And you taught me how to die. Not many dad's can say that. I hope I bring a smile to you face up there occasionally, and if you can put a good word in for me about my ministry, Go for it.

Again, happy birthday, #1 son. Mom says you're eternally 19, and I can understand that. If thats the case, Garrett is eternally 25 which makes him your BIG BROTHER, for eternity, lol. Nanny Nanny BOOBOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment