Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sept. 4, 2012

This past weekend was the one year anniversary of Janell's stroke. What an incredible recovery God has wrought! I think of how, at that time, we were still reeling from our loss of our baby boy and our newest daughter -in-love. And then the injury Kevin received in January. You, our extended family, held us up with such praying and pleading. As some of you know, my motto is "I Never Have A Bad Day...
!", and I truly mean it. Some days are not as good as others. But every day I get to experience the love, grace and faithfulness of our Heavenly Father, I am a blessed man. Not many dads can say they have have had two sons, who thru their life and/or death, played a part in so many people lives being changed. On the way home this afternoon, I had a CD in, and the Cathedral Quartet sang an accapella arrangement of "Great Is Thy Faithfulness". And I cried. I hit replay and cried some more, and then I did it again. And as I sit here typing this now, tears fill my eyes. Not because of our trials, but because of our victories, and the very, very evident faithfulness of my God. If I had not had His peace, strength, providence, guidance, protection, grace, love and mercy, I would be one angry and messed up individual. But I was constantly remembering an aquaintance (not a close friend) saying "People were watching you more this time than when you lost Brandon", and I prayed over and over, "Lord, get me through another day, please don't let me falter or show weakness in witness". And He heard my prayers, but He heard ya'lls too. I am living proof He did. So are Janell and Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment