Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Saturday, March 8, 2014

December 23, 2013

Simply From The Heart

December 23, 2013 at 9:29pm
There is so much I could write tonight. I thought I'd go ahead and do it tonight, since we will be gathered with Janells family (truly mine as well). And ya'll will be busy and may not have time to read it tomorrow night.
 
I'm typing as it comes to me, so pardon if I ramble.
 
I want to start by wishin' all of my Facebook friends (and family members too), both on my page and on Prayers for Garrett Jones, a Very Blessed and Happy Christmas. Some of you, I have reconnected with in just the last year as my "home" church held a reunion. Some are new as you've somehow remembered me, of all people, and looked me up. Some of you have been brought into my life through the very difficult loss of my youngest son. And a very select few of you hold such an important place in my heart, either from childhood or from ministering to me in my grief, that I feel as though you are literally part of me. I truly hope that you experience this year, the joy that wells up inside a child of God, when you realize the magnitude of the real "PERFECT GIFT". If I could give each of you something for Christmas, it would be a song. I wake up every day, so thankful He's let me wake up. And most days, before I even make it down the hall, I'm singing something in my feeble just woke up voice. Mind you, not loud enough to elicit the wrath of Janell, who is not a morning person. But yes, a song.
 
For those who are experiencing your first Christmas "without" that one that passed away this year: Yes, the hole will heal, but there will always be a scar. If they were a child of God, do not wish them back here this year or any year. They watch us from Heaven, as we celebrate the arrival of our Saviour 2,000 years ago, while they spend hours ( hours in Heaven?, not really) actually worshiping at His feet. No comparison folks. I will see my sons in the Christmas ornaments they made in Sunday school or VBS or in the 3rd grade that have their picture and the year written in crayon. I will see them and my daughter-in-love in the momogrammed stockings hanging on our entertainment center that once were filled with Nerd Ropes, Skittles, a rubber band shooter, a penny racer or balsa wood airplanes or a spinning top. Yes, I still get my box of Chocolate covered Cherry cordials (two layers of 5) from Janell, even though I'm diabetic.
 
I have no idea what 2014 holds. I pray I get to share my songs and journey with many more this year. I hope I am a better witness for my Lord, than in 2013. I pray He uses me to lead some souls to Him. But most of all, I pray that this is THE year. Yes, the year He comes to get all His Children and take us home for Christmas. I'm ready to go . Are you?
 
Merry Christmas Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment