Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Saturday, March 8, 2014

June 4, 2013

Dear Garrett:

June 4, 2013 at 10:45pm
 I'm not sure if God allows those in Heaven to see what is written, but I have a feeling He does. I wonder sometimes when I am singing, if anyone else besides God hears me in Heaven. I wonder if those you now live with, ever shed a tear for those left behind. It says He will wipe away every tear from our eyes. Sometimes when I dream about ya'll, the dreams are so real I am shocked when I wake up. Now, I know mom was your favorite parent, cause she tried spoiling you as best she could, while I tried not to show too much softness, but pushed you to be all you could be. I'll never forget when you came to me and asked what you could do in life without 4 years of college. And then you actually picked something I suggested. You made me so proud as you gave your employer 110% every day. I'll never forget the 100 degree summer days I walked through the back gate, to see you laying on the pool steps, yes in your Hanes, trying to cool down from being on 150 degree roofs all day. By the way, Mark Weldon says he hasn't found an A/C tech he trusts as much as he did you. Thats easy to understand when so many of your "customers" came to your visitation and service.
 
I am going to ask you sometime in the first thousand years I'm there, why didn't you and Jenn go to the storm shelter at J-Mama's. If paddling is allowed your gonna have to bend over and take it like a man. I know you're smiling right now if your reading this as I'm typing, and gosh, how I miss that smile! The folks here on Facebook have seen it with the "duck" outfit on you as a baby, all the way to the pool picture from your honeymoon that graces your ministry page. I actually catch grief when I try to put another one in it's place. But the smile and the eyes show so much. You were a very happy person. Even when Auburn wasn't performing well on Saturdays, you took it in stride and managed a smile. And if I could ever have wished 2 things for you, it was that you would accept Christ as your Savior, which you did, and you would find peace, love and happiness in the soulmate God had made for you, and you did. What a blessing to our family she was. She had a great personality, a smile as good as yours, and she brought out the best in you. I know her birthday is June 7th, and she no doubt got what she asked God for. Jennifer, I would not expect any less from you, cause it shows how much you loved my son.
 
I don't know if God gave you a choice to be with Jenn & Brandon or stay with us. If I find out He did, bend over again! No, I wouldn't deny you the rewards of Heaven. In fact, every dad should wish that for his kids. But in going "home" you brought about some unexpected changes in my life. I have learned to cherish every minute of it so much more. I am able to set aside the petty things and concentrate on the eternal things. My prayer life has increased and grown so much because of this ministry named after you, and the blessing of seeing folks come to Christ both for salvation and for rededication, has been I never envisioned. I listen more to the still small voice inside of me. Some folks close to me don't understand, and you know who I mean, but I really just want to make whatever years or days I have left, count for eternity. I wish I could sing and testify to folks seven days a week, in hopes that God would use me to make a difference in the Kingdom. I have so little as far as crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
 
We continue to tell Ethan and Logan about you. It's hard for Ethan to understand why we have two sons in Heaven, because they weren't "old". I have the same problem. But He accepts it better than I do. He's got a soft heart that reminds us of you. I'm disappointed I've not been around him enough to teach him Jesus Loves Me, especially when he can sing "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do". But we are getting him interested in Jesus and the great stories of the Bible. He actually asks me to tell them to him quite often.
 
I love you so much, and miss you even more. At 6:55 in the morning, I will remember holding your "hand of clay", as Jesus took hold of your spitual hand. Yes, I believe HE came to get you, for He said "If I go to prepare a place for you I WILL COME AGAIN and receive you UNTO MYSELF, that where I am there ye may be also". He didn't say he'd send angels after you. In Heavens time you've only been there a few seconds, I guess. But it sure seems like a lifetime down here.
 
Daddy-O

No comments:

Post a Comment