Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Saturday, March 8, 2014

October 31, 2013

Having A Bad Day?

October 31, 2013 at 11:52pm
Today, I was asked by a GPW if I ever have good days and horrible nights. And I thought, it's been a while since I put my thoughts in print, so now just might be a good time. And I will use my answer to them, to start this article.
 
I know this sounds untrue, but I don't have bad days. Even the day Garrett & Jenn's home was hit, wasn't a bad day. Now some aren't as good as others, granted, but I never have a bad day. As far back as I can remember, I don't ever recall thinking this day just stinks.  I guess I just have the peace that passes all understanding. I look at every day as a gift, because I never know when it will be my last. I've learned this the hard way. So I try to be positive, upbeat, thankful, and happy even to the point that it sometimes is read wrong, even by family. But I believe every day or night you live in fear, dismay, anger or whatever, is a day or night that Satan has won. And I just refuse to let him take anything from me. If a problem comes up, I give it to God and ask Him to let me know how to handle it, or have at it Himself, what ever way He will receive the most glory. I never worry, period. He has said it is a sin, and Lord knows I have enough of those that when I can eliminate one, I'm going for it. Worrying has never paid a bill, vanished a tumor, or healed a broken-up body. Worring is a tool the Devil uses to draw you closer to him.
 
And I don't write this to sound "holier than thou" or boastful or smug. Just the opposite. I know, on my own, I am nothing, and what ever I attempt in my power, will wind up being worth nothing. I believe as Scripture and the song says, " Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world". Yes there have been times that I was anguished to the point I did not know what to say or how to say it. And in those times, my groaning and crying are taken by the Holy Spirit, and turned into words of prayer to my Father. I remember doing that in Garretts hospital room, and I also did it several times when Brandon was battling cancer, and it was beating him down, and there was nothing I could do. I would go to my church, walk into a dark sanctuary illuminated by a cross in the baptistry, and I would kneel on the steps and just let her rip. But never has He failed me, and I have always come away from those times with peace that He had heard me, UNDERSTOOD me, and was in control.
 
And I am not sayin or implying that if you haven't done this or practice it, that you are not a Christian. What I AM saying is that you aren't trusting Him with your life the way He wants you to. You are still saying when I can't go any farther, I'll give it to you. Or I just can't trust You enough to work it out for me. I was that way until one day in an ICU unit, when Brandon told me to quit playing God and let God handle it. And for 14 years now, that's the way I have been able to walk the road He laid out for me.
 
So, if this has opened your eyes or heart to a new way of thinking or practicing what you believe, then it was worth the effort. If nothing else, count it as a testimony to the  grace and promises our God gives us, and we sometimes fail to grasp or claim them. Have a great day, I will!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment