Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Joys of Grandfatherhood

Flashback to Sunday evening when I wrote aout my grandson Ethan, waking me up at 6:00 AM Sunday with a straight from the stomach "Good Mornin PaPa". Well, his gift just got stronger by Monday morning! I hurt so bad when I woke up yesterday that I knew the office was not gonna be a reality for the day. And during the day it got worse. I got up at 7 when Janell left, got something to drink, washed my face, called the office and left my supervisor a message, (no sound effects though) and went back to bed. I slept till after 1:00 when my Pommeranian let me know she wanted out. So I got up, ate some crackers, my son kevin came over, against my advice, to activate my new smartphone. Yes my 14 years with Nextel (Sprint) has ended. I now have a phone that can check my stock portfolio (if I had one), take pictures and videos, act as a GPS,play Battlehip with some bloke in England and play Scrabble with my daughter-in-love in Homewood, give me the absolute latest news from all the horribly biased news outlets, and let's not forget oh yeah, it makes phone calls. But I'm NOT tying in to Facebook. I'll still come home and check that on the PC (yes I still have one of those. Garrett told me to just get rid of it and set up my laptop which has twice the memory, but old habits die hard.....I.E my Motorola I-870).
So, those reading this on Tuesday morning or afternoon may ask, "You didn't go to work today?". Nope. My fever finally broke about 3AM, and now I just feel like a bottle of Geritol (wow is that a blast from the past or what) may be needed. I'm realy weak and tired and don't think I'd last very long at the office. So I may try to catch up on some 'thank you" card writing which I've not found time to do. Thanks again for all my 57th birthday wishes. On my 58th, ya'll can send Cracker Barrel gift card's with 'em.
I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment