Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Friday, July 15, 2011

A Quickie

I appreciate the prayers this week as a close family member who doesn't like being mentioned on FB has been in the hospital. The issue they were admitted for has eased up considerably, but secondary issues may put a damper on things. I know I'm being vague, but I have to honor their wishes and not publish what I would like to. I will be able to soon.
The events of the last week have brought home so much the scripture that "it rains on the just and the unjust". But some "just" seem to get floods when they don't need them. Rest comes in many ways, and though I am just a few hours shy of sleep this week (plus many hours short for the past 60 days), physical and mental demands, as well as professional have not co-operated in my desired siesta. I have worked some, but not as much as I needed to.
You know, we all make decisions every day. And most of them come natural, and we give very little thought to them. But I've thought back this week to the day of the storm, and how decisions made that day have foerver impacted our lives. I often think "If I'd just called Garrett and told him to come to my house because I was alone and could use the company", or "Go to JayMomma's she has the underground storm shelter", or if my sweet kids had just stayed at the restaurant where they were, or if.........The harsh reality is, it was Jennifer's day, decided on before she was ever born, and June 5th was Garrett's, period. However, a decision they both made ealier in their lives has also had an impact on our lives. We know we will see them again, just how soon is still unknown to us. I will get to hear "hey daddy-o" again some day. Thank God they both made the decision for Him to be their God, and His Son to be their Savior. But their decision to do so, has impacted more than just family. And we know this because of all of ya'll who have testified in this media. And each of your decsions to share our grief, and your decsion to lift us up, continues to be valuable decisions to us.
Don't forget the event in Homewood Park on July 23rd, and don't forget to go by and help out the Christmas in Dixie for Tornado Survivors booth where they are attempting to raise funds for replenishing Christmas decorations lost by storm victims. Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment