Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Sunday, June 5, 2011

15 Hours in Heaven

As I think back on the homegoing of Garrett, I still yearn to know the good that God promises "all things work together for". Maybe it was uniting folks of different backgrounds, communities, nationalities or beliefs. Maybe it was all for my own growth. Maybe it was to polish me for some higher calling to come on my life, even a new career. Maybe it was to put a renewed meaning and feeling to the Southern Gospel Songs I try my best to present in service or concert. Maybe it was simply to reinforce that I am no one special in the kingdom just because I'm a music director. All I know is that for some reason, my feelings, thoughts, doubts and fears, mixed up with my faith, my years of being taught God's Word and the knowledge I was not riding that coaster alone, may have helped one person come to Christ. Since Brandon's passing ten years ago June 10th, I have always felt so inferior in my forty years of music ministry compared to the 3 1/2 years he had. We quit counting souls he won for Christ at 400. I can only say I helped lead my 3 sons to Christ. So if you are one who has been led to trust Christ as your Saviour thru The Garrett Coaster, look me up after the rapture. Hopefully my mansion will be next door to Garretts and Brandons on War Eagle Avenue. More on funeral arrangements later. Will probably be at Rideouts Southern Heritage on Wed or Thurs morning, but nothing definite.~~ Frank

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many things of this earth we will never understand. I use to think that when I got to heaven God would answer all of my questions. I now realize when I get there it isn't going to matter and the things of this earth will be of non-importance. You and your family remain in my prayers. We prayed for you yesterday after choir rehearsal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say we prayed for you Mr. Jones and your family. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following Garrett's story for several days and praying for him and your family. Your strength through this journey has been amazing. I'll be praying for your family as you go through the days ahead. Here is a link to a great song that may help you or someone else through tough times:

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP4OvUU-ZHU

    ReplyDelete