Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hide me Behind the Cross

Rather than writing anything original tonight, I wanted to share the lyrics to a song recorded by Gold City Quartet. They are powerful within themselves, but I've included the link for you to hear them sing it themselves. I've not been able to locate the author, even though I have the store bought solo track w/ the original sleeve and all, it's not printed anywhere on it. I hope it speaks to you as much as it does to me. It says one of the things I've tried to say for the past few weeks.

"HIDE ME BEHIND THE CROSS"
Verse 1

Lord as I seek to serve You,
May You find in me what's pleasing to Your heart.
I leave my will at Calvary,
Taking on a nature humbled by Your scars.
For I know it's only through Your love,
That who I am is hidden by Your grace.
Let my desires be overshadowed,
As I recall the purpose of that place.

(Chorus)
Hide me behind the cross,
Where my gains become as loss.
And only Your glory is in view. Your power will be revealed
The more that I am concealed.
Hide me behind the cross
So the world sees only You.
Verse 2
If I rely on my strength
To be a source of hope for those in need,
The only profit I would gain
Would be the empty honor of my deeds.
But with all of self behind Your cross,
The splendor of Your love stands free to shine.
Illuminating with Your power,
Reaching souls so You alone are glorified.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC5qjUU-5m4
Be Blessed! I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment