Garret and Jennifer Jones

Garret and Jennifer Jones
Garrett and Jennifer Jones

Thursday, June 9, 2011

54 Hours In Heaven

2:00 pm
 Frank here: I hope everyone understands that the journalism of the last 5 1/2 weeks does come from MY heart. I'm not repeating or pretending to speak for Janell and Kevin, they can do that very well themselves. I just tried to share a fathers journey through the deepest valley there could ever be. Thanks for all the kind words!
11:55PM   Added confession:
Sunday morning, after Garrett had taken his first breath in 3 weeks on his own, in Heaven, we left his room for the staff to clean him up and call us back in to spend time with him. When I returned to that room, the scene completely overwhelmed me and I lost all composure. I had to sit, because the pain was taking my breath away just as it had his. I realized that all the times I had walked into that room previously, the monitors, the ventilator, the Nitric Oxide infuser, the pumps delivering medicine right down to the hum of the pump inflating his special matress had actually been "delivering" life to Garrett. And had in turn, given me a false sense of security. Now suddenly the stark reality that he was without aide and was no longer in that body, just flooded my entire body. I say this to encourage everyone to not take life for granted, but also don't assume that false sense of security that "hey, I walked the aisle when I was 10 years old and was baptized, so I'm a Christian". The going to church, being in a choir, tithing, reading your Bible and all the other monitors and ventilators and pumps in your life can give you a false sense of security. Please examine your relationship with Christ. And when you get past all the "aides", is Christ really inside or is it just a ventilator keeping you going?
Not sure of when my next post will be. But I hope this had made sense. Love to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment